A healthy Fraternity is a living thing. It requires maintenance, care, and supervision. You are a member and an owner! To perpetuate our chapter and keep it strong, we as volunteers keep a close eye on the “beating heart” of our chapter, the Brothers and key statistics.
His summer, we shared the story of Jim Hunter, a fallen Vietnam War hero who earned many exceptional awards for his gallantry. This story prompted brother Milton Pope ’52 to share the story of his brother First Lt. Everett (Buddy) Lee Shields ’50, who was also regarded as a war hero when he served in the Korean War in the ’50s.
Because of our Alumni’s enthusiastic support, the Alumni Association is expanding their communications means to our Alumni by adding this Website and a Member E-blast to complement the newsletter distribution.This website presents news and features articles about our alumni and undergraduate chapter activities. As an alumnus, please make your contribution to the website by sharing memorable, funny stories about your Brothers, your Experience, and pictures about your School Days..
- Atlanta Visitors Center – Planning a visit?
- Kappa Alpha Order – National Website
- Atlanta, GA – Local Weather Information
There is a long list of famous Kappa Alphas, and that’s not surprising. After all, Kappa Alpha is a place where we learned leadership and character, and that attracted men of character.
Gen. George S. Patton was an initiate of the Beta Commission of the Kappa Alpha Order. Henry McMaster, Governor of South Carolina (Rho) and Congressman Steve Womack R-Arkansas (Epsilon Zeta) are both Kappa Alpha Alums. The list goes on.
Here at Alpha Sigma Chapter, we have our very own celebrity alumni.
- RADM Richard H. Truly, USN – Initiated 1956 – NASA Astronaut; Vice Admiral, U.S. Navy; Administrator of National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Randolph Scott – Initiated 1919 – Award-winning actor and “Western” movie star
- CAPT David S. McCampbell, USN – Initiated 1929 – Medal of Honor recipient; top U.S. Navy fighter pilot of all time, known as the “Ace of Aces”
- George W. Woodruff – Initiated 1913 – Director of the Coca-Cola Company from 1936 to 1985
We’re proud to call these men Alpha Sigma Brothers.
Do you know a famous Georgia Tech Kappa Alpha? We want to tell his story! Email us at [email protected].
Kappa Alpha Order
Alumni Relations Processing Center
P.O. Box 7007
Albert Lea, MN 56007-8007